Weight loss for working mom - (Be the best version of you)
Losing weight isn’t easy and having a full-time job doesn’t make it any easier. While time management is the key to many things. The first step is to schedule everything. If you don’t list it down and assign a certain time slot for it, it simply will not happen. A lot of things can get in the way of weight loss, especially when you are a working mom. Guilt about taking time away from your family, kids, time, low energy, household demands, your husband needs attention, dinner must be prepared, work deadlines, parents, just to list a few.
BE A BETTER VERSION OF YOURSELF
Are these excuses really valid? Can they be managed? Of course they can. Acceptance, awareness, and daily commitment is where it starts. Excuses certainly won’t make the weight loss any easier or melt off the weight of you, like you hope it will every morning when you look at yourself in the mirror.
Why do you need weight loss as mom?
Weight loss or being healthy is for yourself and not for others. You need to be healthy for yourself and for your family. It is something that needs to be worked on every day and the best way to make sure that happens is to take care of yourself every day!
How to reduce weight? simple ways to keep you fit
- Key items include balance, variety and moderation.
- Think in terms of a lifestyle change, not short term “diet”, set realistic goals.
- Make healthy food choices, pick foods that are low in calories and fat, with a good amount of protein and foods high in fiber, include fruits and vegetables at least twice a day.
- Stay hydrated; drink at least 3 litres of water a day.
- Exercising regularly will help burn calories; maintain LBM, increase metabolism, and promote greater fat loss.
- Pack your lunch ahead to avoid last minute rushing.
- Sound sleep for about 7 – 8 hours is important as the amount of sleep you get directly affects your diet. People who are sleep deprived tend to weigh more and have more trouble losing weight.
- Reduce stress as people tend to overeat while under high stress conditions. It affects muscles, tissues and interferes with metabolism.
Working out and calorie counting works but people sometimes have struggle with weight loss at different stages of life due to different reasons.
Weight loss or maintaining a healthy weight is one of the best ways to reduce the risk of developing lifestyle related diseases; aids in health and overall well- being, weight loss at a slower rate decreases the likelihood of muscle loss and it is worth it to have a fitter and a better version of you. Studies show that weight loss also reduces strain on the blood vessels, increases blood flow to the brain, and boosts overall brain function.
We recommend you to use our LAMI health APP for all your health and wellness needs, get better every day with LAMI Download APP